Posted to alt.home.repair
Mortimer Schnerd Mortimer Schnerd is offline

Default Need a 120 volt relay

cjt wrote:
John Gilmer wrote:
snip
Since you only need 11 amps you can consider getting a two pole relay
from R/S with each pole rated for 10 amps. Wire the poles in
parallel and you have a 20 amp relay.

... except that one side will invariably connect/open first, so that the
load won't be equally shared and it'll burn out faster than a device
that's designed for 20 amp service.

I thought about that last night. I think I found the answer with a
120VAC 15 amp double pole single throw relay from WW Grainger.

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/itemDetails.shtml

Thanks to everyone who answered. There were several possibilities but
no other cost only $12.80.

I'm off to Grainger's....

Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerd at carolina.rr.com