Posted to alt.home.repair
fundagurgoze fundagurgoze is offline

Default * Large tiles in shower??

fundagurgoze had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...er-380986-.htm
:
the reason why most poeple use small tiles in the shower is because of the
anti-slippery nature of them. with thebgrout lines, even the polished
tiles are anti-slippery.

good luck.

Kathy wrote:

Hello there;

I am redoing my shower, I replaced the walls with hardibacker board
(vapor
barrier as well)

and now I'm ready to tile. I noticed that most showers use small tiles
but I
would like to use

16 x 16 tiles (Low water absorption). Is there any reason why we don't
see
too many large tiles

in walls? is there any tip I should know before I do it? Can it be
done??

Thank you in advance,

Kathy

Funda G