Posted to alt.home.repair
Eric in North TX Eric in North TX is offline

Default Bad bushings or capacitor dinasour rheem

On Jul 1, 7:03*am, starmelt wrote:
yup its old needs replaced saving money for that cause it involves a
crane and paul bunyon, ac lines replaced and furnace too.
meanwhile a repair to limp along til I get a loan or?
original issue no cold air and fuses blowing
After cleaning coils and compressor, replacing seals and recharging,
the fuses don't seem to be blowing anymore and worked like a dream for
2 days then back to no blowing with no cold air, but no blown fuses.
Course its hard to tell if the motors seizing ( not sure this is
happening) before they blow.
Now no cold air. blower works. Ampage overage noted by one tech.
Three professional techs say its motor bushings
One professional senior says its capacitor
two phase unit
rheem ac model #RCAA-080A *SN#CN3D108-M1879-7816
Rheem furnace model#RACA024AAG *SN#1177-F2579-3364

could bad bushings contribute to capacitor fail ?

yea been trying to resolve this since mid may am into it $430 already
for 7 lbs of freon or would go with another ac company ( who also
quoted me just $3700 for ac and furnace replacement )

I'd replace, the efficiency difference would pay you back if you
intend to continue living there.
I also would check to see just how much difference there is to get the
even more efficient models, it might not be that much.
When we were faced with the same problem, The 96% furnace and 18 seer
A/C kicked the bill up about 1/3, but will speed the payback in spite
of making the amount to recover higher.
I don't see energy going cheaper, the nutjobs in Washington seem to
delight in passing stuff to make it even more costly, it's for the
children.