Posted to alt.home.repair

Default A/C Motor Start Capacitors - Where To Buy?

SMcK wrote:
The A/C is not working. Last time this happened the neighborhood A/C
repair guy showed me how to replace the motor start capacitor. He
happened to have one in his truck. I'd just as soon not bother him
again. If I can pull the suspect capacitor and get the specs off it,
where would a guy get a replacement without going the mail order
route?

-Scott

That's funny, most AC condensing units don't have
start capacitors. It is usually an option though.
You may be referring to the oil filled "run" cap
that is connected to the start winding. A start
capacitor is going to be of the electrolytic type
along with a mechanical or solid state start relay.

TDD