Posted to alt.home.repair
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default Accelerate decomposition of small tree stump

On Jun 29, 8:18*am, Eric in North TX wrote:
On Jun 29, 7:07*am, blueman wrote:

I took down some saplings last year (about 2-3" diameter) that were on
a relatively steep hill in our front yard.

Is there any simple/cheap way to speed their decomposition?
It probably doesn't pay to rent a shredder plus it would be difficult
to manouvre it in the hilly area.
I had heard in the past of chemicals that are drilled into the trunk.
I'm looking for something readily available that is faster than
natural decomposition.

Drill holes and fill with fertilizer.

Saltpeter works good too. Its a strong oxidizer that will make it rot.
They use to sell it and potasium nitrate as stump remover.

Jimmie