Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Firth Steve Firth is offline

Default Aldi generator

Stephen wrote:

Has anyone used this generator? What are your opinions?

It's a bog-standard cheap Chinese two-stroke. They are available in
multiple colours with various stickers on them, but always the same
hardware. I've got one, it's useful, I can run a computer and printer on
it.

Is it worth having or is it better to buy a bigger, more expensive, four
stroke model? How clean is the output: is it pure sine wave? Will all
electronics be happy running from it? Is it noisy?

It's best used at between 10 and 50% of the power quoted (ie 65W to
325W, the 850W is a joke). Even so the 230V sockets are of poor quality
and I ended up replacing the 13A socket fitted to the generator with a
decent quality socket.