Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis[_5_] mac davis[_5_] is offline

Default Shape Shifter Review

On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 08:23:58 -0700 (PDT), Ralph wrote:

On Jun 24, 7:37*am, mac davis wrote:

I don't think I would of bought my first chuck (Oneway Talon) if I would have
had to buy a spindle reducer to use it.. *YMWV

Smack on

Fred wrote
If one doesn't own an eccentric chuck, this might be a decent option.

Considering the cost of an eccentric chuck and the cost of this
system, I think my cost-benefit would go towards spending the extra
money for a dedicated chuck

Yeah, that, or a shop-made version..

I'd be interested in this one if I could use it without adapters and leave it in
place most of the time in the "center" position... The inventor says that's
doable..
But.. Using it with an adapter on each end just leaves the chuck hanging out
there too far, IMO....

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing