Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_2_] RBM[_2_] is offline

Default Switching Land Line Phone Companies

"Ulysses" wrote in message

"RBM" wrote in message

"Murriel" wrote in message
Is it true that if you switch to a local mom & pop outfit, Verizon
still has to correct infrastructure problems such as static that
emanates from outside the house?

If so, how does this work? Do you complain to your new local phone
provider who then contacts Verizon?

Will Verizon still deliver phone directories to you even though you
have dumped them? Thanks.

You address your complaints directly to the new phone company, they, in

turn
contact Verizon to initialize a repair request. The advantage to this

method
is that you won't have to hear Verizon rolling on the floor laughing at

you,
and in truth, you'll get service from Verizon, just as soon as ALL of

their
regular customers are taken care of, or hell freezes over, whichever
comes
first. I'd recommend voip

Hell finally froze over and Verizon fixed my phone line. It only took
seven
years. Sounds like it would have taken longer with a mom and pop company.
Mine used to go out whenever it got damp and when it rained it would make
long-distance calls and call 911 repeatedly. I cancelled my long distance
but they wouldn't let me cancel 911. One time the sheriff showed up in
his
front-wheel drive cruizer when it was pouring down rain and I don't know
how
he even made it down the dirt road in his car. After many complaints they
finally fixed the 911 problem and then it started calling 611 every time
it
rained. At 95 cents per call it added up quickly. They would not let me
cancel 611. Now when it rains I can actually use my dialup service. I
managed to have all the bogus calls removed from my bills with Verizon. I
don't know if it would or would not have been as easy with another
provider.
Verizon stinks but it could be worse.

That's the sad truth. Lots of folks have had nightmare stories with whatever
carrier they have, but just when you believe that it couldn't get worse...