Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Duh_OZ Duh_OZ is offline

Default Philips 24ST2200/27 - cannot access setup

On Jun 7, 5:12*pm, Franc Zabkar wrote:
On Sat, 6 Jun 2009 14:49:10 -0700 (PDT), Duh_OZ
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Used Philips 24ST2200/27 and the only menu available is a "Features
Menu" that has CC, Sleeptimer, SAP & Exit

I've seen other posts where the same problem *(no main/set-up menu
could be accessed) and no solutions.

Tried the obvious of unplugging for 30 minutes, no go.

I'll e-mail Philips and see if they have any idea, meanwhile did
anyone ever encounter this problem and get around it?

Here's a pic of the only menu it comes up with:
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m...00_27_menu.jpg

Back of the TV (not pictured - the 'smart card?' slot that has nothing
in it.
http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m...00_27_back.jpg

Here are the user manuals:

http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/d...ector.pl?slg=E....

- Franc Zabkar

Thanks, but I already had the manual. Should be simple enough -
press menu for the menu! Alas, just that feature menu, even trying
the 'ole "press both volume buttons on the TV" does the same thing.

Hopefully Philips will have an idea.