Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jerry G. Jerry G. is offline

Default Pioneer PDM450 laser help

I have serviced CD players, but not your model type. Most of the time,
you can glue the plastic lens back in to its proper position. You put
some epoxy around the sides. Make sure that the optical path is not
obstructed with the epoxy.

Now that you replaced the head assembly, it will require a complete
alignment of both the electronics and the mechanical. To do this you
will require the service manual, scope, DVM, calibration disks, and
most likely some training.

Normaly, unless a CD player is a current model, and it is an expensive
very high end type, I tell people to buy a new one rather than sink
money in to it.

Jerry G.

On Jun 4, 10:20*am, "Gary L. Woodruff"
wrote:
howdy, I have a pioneer PD-M450 Cd player that would not play disks. It
would load them but and the laser would go in try to focus but the disk
would never spin. I found the plastic lens had fallen out of the optical
assembly and would not stay in when replaced. I ordered a new optical
pickup and replaced the old one. I have the same problem. I have
confirmed that the spindle motor will run with 1.0 vdc supplied. I do
not see any voltage appear at the motor leads while the lens is trying
to focus. Please help, optical pickup was $$$$.

thanks, Gary