Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Gary L. woodruff Gary L. woodruff is offline

Default Pioneer PDM450 laser help

howdy, I have a pioneer PD-M450 Cd player that would not play disks. It
would load them but and the laser would go in try to focus but the disk
would never spin. I found the plastic lens had fallen out of the optical
assembly and would not stay in when replaced. I ordered a new optical
pickup and replaced the old one. I have the same problem. I have
confirmed that the spindle motor will run with 1.0 vdc supplied. I do
not see any voltage appear at the motor leads while the lens is trying
to focus. Please help, optical pickup was $$$$.

thanks, Gary