Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cutting a cast iron waste pipe

John Rumm wrote:
Peter wrote:
I am about to connect 4 inch waste from a new attic conversion to an
external cast iron one. Currently it rises to above roof level. Some
questions:-

As my angle grinder wont cut thro 4 inches should I cut twice ie
make a sort of inspection hole and hacksaw the back or is there an
easier way. (for direct connection at attic floor level)
Should I replace all to ground level or to existing 1st floor
connections. Will new plastic fit inside old cast iron joints.

If you can separate it at a joint, then it is easy enough to put
plastic into an old cast iron collar.

Does one need to get PP or involve BC for replacement of a soil pipe?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk