Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Prevent weeds between patio slabs

Red Green wrote:

wrote in :

I have these concrete slabs on my patio, each about 3 feet square,
arranged in a matrix. There is a gap between the slabs 1-2 inches
wide, and weeds like to grow through the gaps like mad. There is
gravel there now, but soil has started accumulating and it's not
keeping the weeds out (this is how it was when I moved in).

-snip-

Hve you tried Ortho® GroundClear® Vegetation Killer?

http://www.scotts.com/smg/catalog/pr...70&id=cat50008

I used it when it was called Ortho Triox vegetation killer and personal
experience was it really works. It kills what's there and like
steralizes the soil or something.

Still works in the new formulation/name. I've used it for 5-6 yrs
on my paver patio. I'm in NY- so I put it on in mid may and have no
weeds for the summer.

The OP wants something to fill in the gap, though.
Without seeing it, I suspect it is, as someone else suggested the
spaces where wooden forms used to be. I'd probably buy some trex
or other 'plastic' decking and rip it to fill the gaps. Lay them in
loosely, spike with landscape spikes- fill the remaining gap with
stone dust- and treat with groundclear yearly.

.. . . . .or I'd just treat with Groundclear.

Jim