Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_13_] Frank[_13_] is offline

Default new flapper still leaks

c_shah wrote:
I replace my 20 years old toilet (KOHLER) with a new fill value (made
by MJSI www.gomjsi.com) and a flapper. It still leaks..at about 4
hours tank is empty looks like it is leaking into bowl (no water
around toilet area)

At this point I am not sure what could be causing it to leak? should I
try another flapper...

If I read your post correctly, you put one of the new flush controllers
and a new flapper in your old toilet. I'm guessing the problem is with
the new controller and thinking that maybe the so called cleaning action
is pushing the flapper to allow leakage.

The controller in an old toilet does not seem like a good idea as old
toilets were designed to use a lot of water. I remember the old days
when a lot of us were adding bricks to the tank to use less water and
results were unsatisfactory.

I'm just a regular old home owner but these are my thoughts.