Posted to uk.d-i-y
RobertL RobertL is offline

Default how to wallpaper on glass ?

On May 14, 3:22*pm, "Mungo \"Two Sheds\" Toadfoot"
wrote:
Eddy wrote:
Hi.

I have a room which has a fine built-in wardrobe all along one wall.
Each of the five sliding doors has two framed panels and in each of
these these is a mirror. * Now this would be OK if this room was being
used as a bedroom perhaps but it's now a study. *So I want to apply a
suitable heavy paper over the mirror inside each panel. *(It so
happens that the wallpaper that looks best is a heavy one.)

The trouble is: wallpaper won't paste well to glass, will it? *I don't
want to sand the mirrors or remove them. *The next occupant might like
to remove the wallpaper and enjoy the mirrors again.

Any ideas?

I think it's a really bad idea to wallpaper glass in case it gets broken in
the future by someone who doesn't know it's there.

Plus remember that mirrors are not made with safety glass. However,
you could stick some of that plastic safety film on first.