Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default how to wallpaper on glass ?

In article ,
John Rumm writes:
Eddy wrote:
Hi.

I have a room which has a fine built-in wardrobe all along one wall.
Each of the five sliding doors has two framed panels and in each of
these these is a mirror. Now this would be OK if this room was being
used as a bedroom perhaps but it's now a study. So I want to apply a
suitable heavy paper over the mirror inside each panel. (It so happens
that the wallpaper that looks best is a heavy one.)

The trouble is: wallpaper won't paste well to glass, will it? I don't
want to sand the mirrors or remove them. The next occupant might like
to remove the wallpaper and enjoy the mirrors again.

Any ideas?

I would use one of the temporary mount spray adhesives - the sort of
thing you get in art shops for mounting things on cut'n'past boards etc.

You can PVA glass. When the PVA has dried, I expect normal wall
paper pastes would stick to it, but I haven't tried myself.
You can apparently plaster onto glass if you PVA it in this way
first.

I share the views of others on safety. Might be better to stick
sheets of hardboard on first, but even then it may be an
unwelcome surprise for anyone who later decides to pull down
what you've built.

--
Andrew Gabriel