Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Replacing washers on monoblock mixer tap

Roger Mills wrote:
John wrote:

Why recommend an "Adjustable" when a proper ring spanner would be far
better. An engineer wouldn't use an adjustable so why do people use
them for plumbing tasks when there is a perfectly good hexagon??

A sharp whack on the spanner (in the right direction) would probably
get it moving.

I totally agree!

Also, unless I'm mistaken, the picture of the tap - still with its
operating lever in place on the other side - suggests to me that it's
a quarter-turn tap with a ceramic cartridge inside, rather than a
multi-turn tap with a conventional washer. If I'm right, the OP will
need a new cartridge - not a new washer.

Disagree about the spanner, agree about the cartridge.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk