Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dundonald Dundonald is offline

Default Raised decking support / posts - concrete in or metal spike?

On May 7, 1:18*am, "The Medway Handyman"
wrote:
TheScullster wrote:
"The Medway Handyman" wrote

snip.........

I've built sh*t loads of decks. *Happy to give any advise I can.

ISTR mention of a gap between deck and house wall that might be worth
repeating here/googling.
Can't remember why it was necessary though. *Seem to think it was
insect related.

If you bolt a ledger plate to a house wall above DPC you should leave a 10mm
gap between it & house wall, and a 6mm gap between deck boards & house wall.
Its so you don't compromise the DPC.

Are you using a padding of some kind inbetween the house brick and the
ledger to maintain the 1cm gap?