Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] sligoNoSPAMjoe@hotmail.com is offline

Default Siphon Jet clogged? - Toilet

On 06 May 2009 05:49:33 GMT,
(jcseely) wrote:

Hello,

Last night our toilet suddenly stopped emptying the bowl upon flushing. If
I pour several gallons down the bowl from a jug it will empty just fine,
so it's not a drain clog. I checked all the siphon holes around the rim
and they are all fine. Also, this happened overnight rather than a slow
buildup, so I seem to be left with the conclusion that something must have
fallen into the siphon jet somehow and gotten trapped in there.

Is that an accurate assumption? If so, what would be the solution to
remove the object? I already fished around inside the siphon jet hole with
a coat hanger to no avail.

My wife says she's not missing any jewelry, so I can't for the life of me
figure out what might be in there! =P

Maybe I missed it, but I don't see anything that says you
tried using a common plunger. That should be the first thing to try.
BTW the holes around the rim are not siphon jet technology,
they are just down wash to clean the sides of the bowl. They can
become clogged reducing the efficiency of the unit however.