Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Neighbor's dead tree is leaning against my oak and threatening to fall on my property

Josh wrote:
On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 13:11:04 -0500, wrote:

As pointed out by others, tree law can vary significantly from area to
area -- it might be the neighbors responsibility, it might be the OP's
responsibility (at least for the part now over the property line), it
might depend whether the tree was known dead or got knocked over in a
storm, etc.

Certainly, if the tree was dead, the neighbor may have more responsibility than
if it had been a healthy tree. Dead trees are an obvious hazard.