Steve

Default Think twice before buying a Stots dovetail jig.

Hans Lehmann wrote:
I've never seen anything quite this bizarre. Stots (www.stots.com)
makes the TemplateMaster dovetail jig. Actually, it's more like a jig
for making the dovetail jig which is then used for the actual dovetails.
I was looking around for my first dovetail jig ( I tried doing it by
hand once, then decided no way!).

....then the answer is rather the same as the one advocated by the "free
as in speech, not as is beer" open source movement in software terms.
Make your own jig making jig, and place its design under some variant of
the GPL - Please make, copy and other wise disseminate this idea, but if
you improve it, pass on the improvements to whoever wants them, and
since you didn't pay for the original idea, don't expect or ask for
payment for the improvement.

Steve