Posted to alt.home.repair
Ivan Vegvary Ivan Vegvary is offline

Default Neighbor Draining Roof onto My Property

"Kenneth" wrote in message
On Sat, 11 Apr 2009 13:17:53 -0700, "Ivan Vegvary"
wrote:

I disagree with all the teat-suckers that suggest you run to your
government
for help. Ultimately you have to work this out with your neighbor and
might
even have to bring a tort claim against him.

Howdy,

How might the OP "bring a tort claim" without the
involvement of the government?

Thanks,
--
Kenneth

You simply sue him for any damage (erosion, over saturation, structural
destabilization etc.) you might incur.

BTW there is a big push to get surface waters to recharge the ground instead
of sending them by man-made conveyance to the nearest ditch, gulley, stream
etc. You might be able to sue under the environmental provisions of your
state laws. Bigger dollars and possibly you attorneys fees can also be
reimbursed.

Ivan Vegvary