Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Best Place for Dust Port on Bandsaw?

mac davis wrote:
OH! Almost forgot... If you use the hole-in-the-door thing, don't use a zero
clearance plate unless you really need to..
As was pointed out here a few years ago, it sort of defeats the purpose of
trying to create a vacuum in the lower clamshell... YMWV

The doors (I can call them that, now) on this don't seal at all.
There is a good gap around the entire circumference.

I think I'd prefer to not put the hole in the door, since I'm going for
the most efficient blade change. That's one more thing to disconnect and
connect. I know, it's just slipping a hose on and off, but if I can
accomplish it, then why not?

The more I think about it, I'm wondering if I can connect a nozzle to
the bottom of the table, right beside the zero clearance insert hole.
That would keep the dust from piling up on the lower guides.

Since I'm using a shop vac, I could go with an 1-1/4 hose.
It gets everything my router can dish out.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--