Posted to uk.d-i-y
TheOldFellow TheOldFellow is offline

Default DIY cordless drill battery repair - cheap source for sub-Ccells requested.

On Mon, 06 Apr 2009 11:03:00 +0100
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

In article ,
TheOldFellow wrote:
Nicad and Nimh batteries are a waste of money - however cheap they are.

********. Good quality Ni-Cads or NiMH are fine for cordless tools. They
just have different characteristics to LiOn.

Poor quality cells of any type are a waste of money.

I thought that too - until I bought a Metabo Li-On drill 3 years ago.
14v works like 18v, always ready, no worries about putting it away
discharged, charges in 15 minutes... The list goes on and on.

The more infrequently you use it, but assuming you need to do quite a
bit when you do need it, the more sense it makes to have a Li-On drill.

I don't use any other cordless tools, so I can't say anything about
them.

Poor quality in any tool is a waste of money - you learn that
quite early on - the trick is avoiding them, and price/branding isn't
what it used to be. I have an B&D 1/4" router that is over forty
years old - still works fine - I wouldn't buy a B&D toilet roll today.

R.