Posted to uk.d-i-y
Matty F Matty F is offline

Default Garage door - stuck open :(

On Mar 30, 1:07 am, Nozza wrote:

Now I can't close the garage door. It gets nearly to the floor - about
15 cms away - and is sticking out a little bit. Have tried pushing it
back up and trying again. Noticed theres a bit of dangly wire on the
left side, and the wire on the right is taught and now theres none on
the "rolly bit" at the top.

Such doors can be very dangerous if you undo the wrong bolt. It's not
a job for the average DIYer. I hope you are going to post something so
that we know you still have some usable arms!

I do recommend an electric motor to open them. You'll need another
door to get in in case there is a power cut.