Posted to rec.woodworking
Baron[_3_] Baron[_3_] is offline

Default debugging wood

"sbnjhfty" wrote in message
news
I have a few pieces of beautiful fallen wood that is
full holes (and likely bugs) that I am going to use
for a project. It's not green wood but is wet from
rain and lying on the ground. How can I make sure
that the bugs don't follow me indoors?

Hello,

First, do not bring the wood into your shop or home. I am not sure if
you can treat green/wet wood but check out:

http://www.bugspray.com/

and go through the articles. I've used the company's Boracare to treat for
powder post beetles and it appeared to work really well. Of course, I may
have been treating empty holes and the furniture may have been bug free.

Good Luck.