Posted to rec.woodworking
Markndawoods Markndawoods is offline

Default Help needed for Delta Contractor 34-410 saw

After my neighbor used my saw the freaking lift will not budge. The thing
is so tight, he broke the lift handle and sheared off the roll pin
holding it on!

What could cause the lift to lock up this tight?

Please... anybody?

The lock? Of does it not have an elevation lock? Or he simply insisted
on turning the handle in the wrong direction trying to lift the blade.

Hmmm, I wonder if this saw has a lock?! I don't even know? Got any ideas as
to where I would look????

The carriage or trunnian does not move, it's like it is frozen.

Mark