Posted to rec.woodworking
MikeWhy MikeWhy is offline

Default Skil saw kickback (kickoff)?

wrote in message
in front of the foreman and the PM, who were having a discussion while
looking out over the site. Nothing was said, no reprimand, nothing.

I'm so glad I'm outside the chain of command here.

The eloquence of the action and reaction needs no more elaboration. He
either is a skilled workman, now also wiser for the near mishap, and an
asset to the team, or he was a barely worthwhile liability waiting for the
crew to expend its last bit of patience. What isn't said is sometimes louder
and clearer than what is said.

So now we have an illustration of the distinction between "nearly hit", as
perhaps yelled by an oversensitive motorcyclist nonconversationally into an
open convertible, and a "near miss". There's just no mistaking the two, even
though the outcomes are largely not much different. One makes you more aware
of your mortality and appreciative of your time on this planet, while the
other brings out the excitable girlie girl in the man.