Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Stein Jack Stein is offline

Default Table saw switch

Chris Friesen wrote:
Keith Nuttle wrote:

What are other people using for switches?

Something like this would be your best bet (but size it for your motor
HP rating):

http://grizzly.com/products/Magnetic...nly-2-HP/G8291

If you don't want to pay for the added safety of a magnetic switch then
something like this would work:

http://grizzly.com/products/110-220V...f-Switch/H8243

Grizzly also sells some cheap 6 - 10 amp magnetic switches starting at $8:

http://grizzly.com/products/searchre...n/off%20switch

I've never used one of those and most of my switches are just regular
light switches. My largest motor is 1 1/2 HP on my Table saw, and that
is a heavy duty switch but not magnetic. When I bought the saw it had a
regular light switch on it. I only replaced it because I came stumbled
over a pair of heavy duty switches with heat fuses in them...

If it were me I would buy the paddle switch you listed. I rarely have
power outages other than a rare blown fuse and I've never forgotten to
turn off a switch after a power outage. I'm not getting any younger
though, and forgetting to turn of a switch could be a real...

.....Damn, what was it we were we talking about again...

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com