Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels Lee Michaels is offline

Default Need help locating table lift

"Paul" wrote in message
Some kind of a table lift, possibly scissor type. It's use will be for a
model railroad layout. I want to slide it under a bed and when it's pulled
out it can be raised to about table height kinda like an ironing board. It
needs to be assisted somehow, pnuematics possibly, and a little more heavy
duty and stable than the ironing board legs. The size board it would need
to hold would be about 36" wide and 75" long. Googling isn't helping,
maybe don't quite know what to google for. All I'm coming up with is Heavy
duty industrial stuff. Thanks, appreciate your help.

I have built these before, Some flat iron, a few holes, some
bearings/bushings and a top/bottom, you are in business. The ones I built
used an air cylinder to assist the lifting. I just pumped thehandle. I have
also seen them built with a small hydraulic jack for lifting power.