Posted to rec.woodworking
Larry[_7_] Larry[_7_] is offline

Default UL approval

Nova wrote in
:

Larry wrote:
"Len" wrote in
:

If it's "fixed position", then it's not a riving knife and
shouldn't meet UL, or anyone else's, standards for the way
a riving knife is supposed to work.

Len

Not trying to hijack the thread but... Just got a
subscription to Wood magazine given to me by a friend.
Reading this months Q&A at the back, Wood magazine did a
quick check of their equipment and *none* of their
machines were UL approved. Two thirds of ther equipment
had *no* certification.

This question came about because a woodworker in NC had an
electrician add a circuit for an air cleaner and the
inspector would not let him install the device because of
a lack of UL cert.

Larry

What type is inspector? I've never know an electrical
inspector to get involve with that is going to be plugged
into an outlet.

Apparently the electrical inspector. The homeowner hired the
electrician to install the air cleaner, including the
installation of the new circuit.