Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Edelenbos Ed Edelenbos is offline

Default Table saw switch

"Chris Friesen" wrote in message
el...
Keith Nuttle wrote:
The cord on the switch on my 40 year old Sears table saw has been run
over one too many times and I decided to replace it. However when I took
it apart to replace the cord I notice at some time something got hot and
the covering of on wire is slightly melted.

The switch consist of two plugs, one controlled by a rocker switch
(Standard one that came with the saw) I have done some googling and
checked some of the local stores and have not been able to find a
replacement.

What are other people using for switches?

Something like this would be your best bet (but size it for your motor HP
rating):

http://grizzly.com/products/Magnetic...nly-2-HP/G8291

If you don't want to pay for the added safety of a magnetic switch then
something like this would work:

http://grizzly.com/products/110-220V...f-Switch/H8243

Chris

Or go to the Sears website and follow the links to Sears Parts Direct.
Typically, I've been able to enter a few numbers and find exact
replacements.

Ed