Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default A Visit From Vido

J. Clarke wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
Han wrote:

I wish the big HUGE Airbus would get better reception. Our airports
are so overcrowded, (especially the flightpaths to and from the
airports) that the waiting times and delays are becoming unbearable.
Bigger single loads (plus the capability to load and unload
passengers in larger quantities) would be best (IMHO), rather than
more and more little bitty planes flying to more and more
destinations like gnats all around.

(I live near NYC)

There are only a handful of airports in the U.S. that can handle the
Airbus behemoth. That means that several (many?) airports will need
upgrades: Longer runways, condemnation of private lands to
accommodate these runways, enhanced servicing facilities (i.e., fuel
trucks, provisioning, gates to handle double the passenger load,
etc.).

The Airbus 380 is supposed to be able to operate out of any airport
than can handle the 747.

I checked. You're right. I stand corrected. Airports need only minor landing
strip modifications (relocation of lights, etc.) to accommodate the 380.

The plane is still built by the perfidious Frence, though.