Posted to alt.home.repair

Default drywall which got wet

On 3/10/2009 4:07 PM dpb spake thus:

wrote:

Due to a leaky shower stall ( since replaced) some of the nearby
drywall now has a 'puffy' look. I guess the paper coating has
expanded or sumthin'. Can I lightly sand it and paint over it? What
would you suggest? Thanks.

Not much can be done (satisfactorily at least) w/ drywall that has been
wet other than replace it.

I second that emotion.

Replacement isn't too terribly traumatic, depending, of course, on your
skill level and sense of adventure. Just a few tools (measuring tape,
straightedge, utility knife, hammer or screwdriving drill, drywall
finishing tools), some "mud" and you're good to go.

mostly pears.
Made With Pears: Pretty good chance that pears will be detectable in
the product.
Contains Pears: One pear seed per multiple tons of product.

(with apologies to Dorothy L. Sayers)