Posted to uk.d-i-y
salesguy salesguy is offline

Default Boiler Replacement

Most esteemed DIY experts....

We have had a quote for replacement of the boiler from BG - due to some
amazing maths, they got it up to £3300 before discounts brought it back down
to £2700!!

I will not be using their services, but they have put the fear of god into
the Mrs over the need to 'register' the new boiler with the LABC at the
council. Indeed, the BG sales literature makes specific reference to this,
likening it to obtaining planning permission. Non BG installations may be
subject to up to additional charges of £4-500 (they say). The brochure goes
on to say that if Part L is not complied with, there may be fines!!

I seem to recollect that Part L now demands a condensing boiler with a
minimum SEDBUK, but most boilers sold now will comply anyway.

Can anyone point me to a good source on this 'registration with LABC'
malarkey, I have googled but cannot seem to find a good, reputable source of
info.

TIA

SalesGuy