Christian Aufreiter

Default Power tools in Europe (long)

(Noel Hegan) wrote in message
Yup Charlie,

I'd say most tools overhere are about 50% more expensive than North
America. A lot less choice as well here in the UK. But I suppose it
all evens out with free healthcare (you hurt yourself or get ill, go
to hospital and hopefully get fixed, all for free), less gun
crime...I'm sure there are lots of other advantages but I canny think
of any...

Hi Noel,

I agree with what you said about the pricing here and I'd like to see
fixed base routers available in Europe. But I don't think that we have
lot less choice here. If you look at high quality tools and machinery
many Americans go for European brands, for example Felder, Altendorf,
Martin, Büftering, ...
As for hand-held power tools *I* limit my choice down to brands like
Festool, Mafell, Scheer, Hilti, Fein, ... which are all easily
available here.
One field where Europe is confronted with disadavantages is router
accessories, such as router lifts, bases, ...

Please share your experiences!

Regards,

Christian