Simon

Default Power tools in Europe (long)

"James Reed" wrote in message
Do you have any experience using US tools and a transformer in europe?
With the transformer you can get the 220V but you only get 50 Hz, not
the 60 as in the US. I could imagine buying a US table saw, prewired
to 220V without the need for a transformer, but I am unsure how it
will work at 50 Hz.

I enquired about a JET model that is only available in the US (some JETs are
available in the UK) apparently you can't import them because it didn't
meet our safety standards.
About the only decent table saw I have found (without all the ridiculous
attachments that usually just give you bruises where you don't want bruises)
is the Sedgewick, it's about the only solid cast iron table saw I could find
that didn't come with a billion gimmicks and gadgets that you'd never use.