Noel Hegan

Default Power tools in Europe (long)

otforme (Charlie Self) wrote in message ...
Christian Aufreiter writes:

The Dewalt cordless stuff looks great but I wonder who needs a 24 V
drill. It really annoys me that Dewalt is much more expensive here
than in the US.
For example: DW 980K2 costs EUR 357.6, which is $ 421.36 at today's
rate.

Tool prices in Brit magazines have always made me choke a bit...usually, the
available models are a step or 2 down from U.S. models, and the prices range
from60% to 150% higher. Basically, it seems that you guys need to jump on your
politicians about your tax rates.

Yup Charlie,

I'd say most tools overhere are about 50% more expensive than North
America. A lot less choice as well here in the UK. But I suppose it
all evens out with free healthcare (you hurt yourself or get ill, go
to hospital and hopefully get fixed, all for free), less gun
crime...I'm sure there are lots of other advantages but I canny think
of any...

Rgds

Noel

noel dot hegan at virgin dot net