Posted to alt.home.repair
fftt fftt is offline

Default Leaking Insinkerator Badger 5 Plus 5

On Feb 24, 9:42*am, Dan Espen
wrote:
writes:
This unit has a few years on it and recently began leaking. *The leak
is coming from the location shown he

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/562/badger5.jpg

I believe I have a model number 555.
I remember reading on the package, the unit has a lifetime
guarantee. *Supposedly all I have to do is call them and
they come to the house and repair/replace.

I was under the impression that the 555 is not one of the "Badger"
line. The 555 is a higher end ISE model.

I installed an ISE 555SS in another home in 2003 or so.....it
developed a problem.
Instead of invoking the warranty, I replaced it myself on my own
schedule.

Later I found out that the warranty covered in home labor & a new unit
(which I returned to HD)

The Badger line is lower end ..... like a "contractor" special. In
SoCal condos & tract homes got them as original equipment (Badger or
Badger3's) They used to not have a shroud but looks like a shroud got
added.

My neighbor just picked up a used B3 on craigslist to replace his
leaking Badger. My experience with the Badger line is.....dont expect
them to outlast the warranty by much.

cheers
Bob