Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.scooter,alt.motorcycles,rec.motorcycles.tech
ian field[_2_] ian field[_2_] is offline

Default Scooter Soldering Kit Battery

"Schiffner" wrote in message
On Feb 12, 2:16 am, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:
In article ,
R. LaCasse wrote:

|Why bother? Buy a butane powered soldering iron and be done with it.
Sounds good, if you plan on burning all the plastic around the
soldering area I'm considering with wind included...pretty messy
sometimes..

Wind is a problem with an electric soldering iron too.

Only on cold days...cold being UNDER 35F. Well that's my definition,
what would I know I've installed AC compressor units when it was 25F.
Getting the torch lit was the hardest part as the winds were a good
bit over 25mph that day. 8^(

Electric soldering irons shouldn't be bothered on windy days unless
it's damn cold.
--
Temperature controlled soldering irons should cope unless its *BLOODY* cold,
the cheaper ones with no thermostat are regulated (of sorts) by a positive