Posted to alt.technology.obsolete,sci.electronics.repair,alt.scooter,alt.motorcycles,rec.motorcycles.tech
Schiffner Schiffner is offline

Default Scooter Soldering Kit Battery

On Feb 12, 2:16*am, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:
In article ,
* *R. LaCasse wrote:

|Why bother? Buy a butane powered soldering iron and be done with it.
* *Sounds good, if you plan on burning all the plastic around the
soldering area I'm considering with wind included...pretty messy
sometimes..

Wind is a problem with an electric soldering iron too. *

Only on cold days...cold being UNDER 35F. Well that's my definition,
what would I know I've installed AC compressor units when it was 25F.
Getting the torch lit was the hardest part as the winds were a good
bit over 25mph that day. 8^(

Electric soldering irons shouldn't be bothered on windy days unless
it's damn cold.
--
Keith