Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave Platt Dave Platt is offline

Default Scooter Soldering Kit Battery

I think Tarn-X is a good idea. I've never thought to use it.
I hate working on wire in this condition, but sometimes you have to. So next
time I'll try the tarn-x and see if it works.

Fine-grade sandpaper, or scraping, are also good alternatives...
mechanical removal of the oxidation/corrosion works well in many cases.

I've even learned to give the leads of resistors and capacitors a
quick scrape with the blade of a pair of diagonal cutters, before
soldering them to a PC board or to other component leads when doing
"ugly" construction. Few things are easier to solder than
just-scraped copper/tin/lead.

--
Dave Platt AE6EO