Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.scooter,alt.motorcycles,rec.motorcycles.tech

Default Scooter Soldering Kit Battery

On 2/15/2009 12:36 PM ian field spake thus:

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
.com...

For chrissakes, everyone *knows* not to use acid-core solder for wiring
connections. The fact that we're even talking about it here is totally
ridiculous.

But don't take my word for it:
http://www.scienceprog.com/reliable-...ng-with-fluxes

They say "You should never use acid fluxes in electronic device soldering
and repair, as it will cause corrosion and even can short-circuit device
where gaps between tracks are small."

Sheesh.

I never said acid - that's you jumping to conclusions and getting it wrong.

You said, and I quote:

I keep a tub of active plumbers flux ready to hand.

That stuff is acid flux. Wrong flux for wiring.

--
Personally, I like Vista, but I probably won't use it. I like it
upgrades. As long as there is hardware and software out there that

- lifted from sci.electronics.repair