Posted to uk.d-i-y
Marky P[_2_] Marky P[_2_] is offline

Default drenched chipboard shelves in under sink cupboard

On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 07:57:44 -0600, Jules
wrote:

On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 22:05:45 +0000, John wrote:
does the u-bend leak when you empty the sink?

Could be. I had a prob here too where the pipework actually came loose
where it normally attaches to the underside of the sink drain.

Visually it looked fine, but once in a while it'd leak depending on how
the sink was being used (i.e. if filled with water and drained, it'd be
OK, but would sometimes leak if water was poured down the drain from a
pan, or if the spray tap was used)

I have had that in the past, but it was very minor and I fixed it. I
did try pouring water down the sink and there are no leakages.

Marky P.