Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.scooter,alt.motorcycles,rec.motorcycles.tech
Bob Shuman Bob Shuman is offline

Default Scooter Soldering Kit Battery

I'm not familiar with the device, but the description given of "water
welder" would imply the gas might be H2 (Hydrogen) which is indeed highly
flammable! Simple electrolysis of water (H2O) with an electric current
would produce both hydrogen and oxygen for combustion. The trick would be
in controlling the combustion process and in dealing with the resulting
byproduct water that was produced.

Bob

"." wrote in message
On Feb 9, 3:06 pm, "Who Me?" wrote:

OK, so we are left with two options:
1) Practice soldering with a bare butane flame. The pencil torches can be
adjusted (after a short warm-up) to a flame small enough to do the
job.......but that IS an acquired skill.

When I was working for Hughes Aircraft Company on prototype
electromechanical systems back in the late 1960's, one lab had a neat
little gadget called a "water welder".

It somehow used electricity to generate a flammable gas that came out
of the tiniest hole in the tip and I could use that flame to solder
sheet brass into compartmented prototype electronic chasses...