Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.scooter,alt.motorcycles,rec.motorcycles.tech
ian field[_2_] ian field[_2_] is offline

Default Scooter Soldering Kit Battery

"Who Me?" wrote in message

"Bob" wrote

I wanna know if I can hot wire my scooter battery to a regular
12v/60w soldering iron to do local soldering repairs

Yes. You should have stopped right there........

without going to the
other fuel/chemical bonding methods for safety ????

......as the rest of your post pretty much makes no sense.

Also, for about $5 from Harbor Freight or JC Whitney or similar you can
get a pencil size butane torch.

The pencil size butane torch I have works very well - unfortunately the
catalysing solder tip that came with it is about as much use as a chocolate
teapot!