Posted to uk.d-i-y
OG OG is offline

Default drenched chipboard shelves in under sink cupboard

"Marky P" wrote in message
Hi,

Noticed a strange thing today. There are two shelves in my under sink
cupboard and they are drenched right through the chipboard but the
laminated surfaces are bone dry. I can't seem to find any leaking
pipes, but also I can't work out how to take the units apart. I live
in a housing association property so I'll contact them in the morning.
Just seems odd how the woods wet inside but the outside is dry.

Is there a cut edge against a damp surface that is acting as a wick, drawing
moisture into the chipboard?