MattH

Default "Dulling" a shellac finish

"Tim Schubach" wrote in
:

My first choice would be to "dull up" the shiney finish somehow, and
make it a lot less glossy. Will some steel wool do that for me, or is
there no way to take the edge off of a finish like that?

The second option, which I don't like to talk about, is to take off
the new finish, and put something else in instead. I'm assuming that
has the potential of leading to a lot of trouble since, I don't get
100% of the shellac off, an incompatible finish will bubble, or react
in an undesireable way.

So, I'm looking for options and suggestions.

TIA,
tms

Use 0000 steel wool and wax. Make sure not to cut through on the edges.
You can alsu use a scotch pad. I think maroon or white?
-Matt