George M. Kazaka

Default Router Question

With over 30+ Bosch router bases floating around my shop I have never seen
any oxidation them here in AZ or when I was on the east coast.
George
"news.verizon.net" wrote in message

wrote in message
Ok, so now I am getting down to the nitty-gritty. It is now such a close
call that I may just end up flipping a coin.

I have narrowed down my choices to two options. Both are the exact same
price ($240) and both are 2.25HP routers with fixed & plunge bases and a
carrying case.

They are the DeWalt #DW618PK and the Bosch #1617EVSPK (which also

includes
an edge guide.

So what's the word fellas? The DeWalt, the Bosch, or the coin toss?

Funny you should pose the question, as I was looking at the exact 2 router
sets recently as well. They each seem to have their benefits: The Bosch
has a nicer "feel" to it, from what I've heard, but the DeWalt has the
detachable power cord and pretty good dust collection on the plunge base.
Also, the Bosch has a magnesium base, which may require periodic treatment
to prevent oxidation (although the Mg base also makes it pretty light).

You may want to look up reviews on the routers in question. I know Pat
Warner did a pretty good job on his site
http://www.patwarner.com/dw618pk.html of the DW (I am not affiliated, etc,
etc.) So I guess that pretty much lets you know which one I'm picking,

but
to be honest, with the two choices listed, you really can't go wrong. The
specs on both tools seem to be just what I was looking for.

Again, I am sure the Bosch is a fine tool, I just think that you really
can't go wrong with either set, as they are both very well reviewed.

Hope this helps, but I have a feeling it didn't. Oh, well. Good luck.

-Barry K.