Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Mawson Andrew Mawson is offline

Default How much mortar

"R" wrote in message

"Zen83237" wrote in message

"R" wrote in message

"Zen83237" wrote in message
Very quick question. How many bags of sand will I need to lay 80

bricks
for the base of a greenhouse.

How big are your bags of sand required?

The normal Wickes size of from my local builders merchant. I can't

see
that it will need many.

Prolly 3 or 4 bags, plus a bag of OPC, add water, mix thoroughly to

a nice
stiff creamy consistency, add to faces of brick, lay brick in a

straight
line where you need it, repeat for another 79 bricks making courses

as you
go to required height. Leave a small gap at the lowest points for

water
escape when the garden hose stays on when you go watch TV.
Finish job.
Make a cuppa
Stand back and watch next doors cat pee all over them ;-)

I'd keep it OFF the faces if I were you - looks 'orrid !!!

AWEM